Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pistachio Custard

I am here with the very  first desert recipe in my blog. As I am really not a sweet-loving person, I rarely prepare them. But this particular recipe changed my inclination towards deserts.  I tasted it for the first time at my friend, Lakshmi’s place and became a fan of it from that very moment.  Immediately, I took the recipe from her and made very few modifications to it. It’s really a wonderful, tasty, yet simple recipe. I am very happy to share it with you.
Ingredients:               
Pistachios - 1 cup shelled
Evaporated milk - ½ litre
Sugar - ¾ cup
Custard powder – 2 Tbsp
Method:
Crush the pistachios in a mortar or a food processor to a coarse powder.
Mix the milk, sugar in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring it to boil. Now add the pistachios and bring to a light boil
Mix the custard powder with about 4 to 5 tbsp of cold milk to make it a smooth paste.
Now add this to the boiling milk and stir continuously. After adding the custard to the boiling milk, it starts to become thick and creamy.
Allow it to simmer for 5-10 minutes, then remove from the heat and chill in a refrigerator for about 2 hours and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment